The Glassblowing Shop at Princeton University provides CCB with our scientific glassblowing needs. Mike Souza, a veteran laboratory glassblower who has more than 40 years of experience, is a renowned expert in his field and produces high quality repairs and custom creations at a discounted price for Rutgers employees.
- Glassware can be created to meet certain specifications in regards to temperature, pressure and optical transmission.
- The glassblowing shop has the capacity to work with all types of glass including quartz, borosilicate, aluminosilicate and soft glass.
- The facility is fully equipped with an oversize lathe, diamond saw, diamond wet grinder and torches.
Hours of operation: 8AM - 4PM; accommodations can be made for other times.
Contact Mike Souza to make an appointment. Weekend drop-offs and pickups are also possible given advance notice. When you contact Mike, let him know you are from Rutgers to obtain the discounted rate. A written request is required and a photo or image is highly recommended.
- Princeton will issue you a quote
- Please send the quote to your department administrator for processing
- Administrators, please process a requisition using the supplier "Trustees of Princeton" PRINCETON03
- Please drop-off/pickup your items at Princeton University, Jadwin Hall (Physics), Room 123