Welcome to the Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology (CCB) in the School of Arts and Sciences at Rutgers University!
We welcome all visiting students from near and far. CCB appreciates the unique insights you bring from your home institutions all around the world. Rutgers is pleased that you have chosen to take summer courses on our campus.
Our department is designed to provide high-quality academic advising and mentoring to ensure that you have the best academic experience possible and to maximize your personal success. We want your time at Rutgers to be fruitful, and we will do all that we can to ensure that it is.
Summer Classes at Rutgers
- CCB offers traditional classes that meet three or four times a week for five weeks.
- Instructors are passionate about chemistry, adept at engaging students, and committed to academic success.
- Small summer classes allow you to build collegiate relationships with your professors and ensure quality interaction.
- New Brunswick's Summer Session courses meet the high academic standards set for the regular academic year at Rutgers, a top-ranked research institution.
Syllabi for Summer 2020
- 160:161 General Chemistry I
- 160:162 General Chemistry II
- 160:171 Introduction to Experimentation
- 160:172 General Chemistry Laboratory
- 160:307 Organic Chemistry I
- 160:308 Organic Chemistry II
- 160:313 Organic Chemistry Laboratory I
- 160:314 Organic Chemistry Laboratory II
Please note: Due to a change in the sophomore organic chemistry textbook at Rutgers University-New Brunswick in Fall 2019 from "Organic Chemistry" by Brown, Iverson, Anslyn and Foote to "Organic Chemistry" by T. N. Sorrell, the coverage of 01:160:307 and 01:160:308 in Summer 2020 will be different as compared to the course coverage listed on the syllabus for Summer 2019.