For PDF version of current CV, please click on the picture.
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Rutgers, the State University of new Jersey
610 Taylor Road
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Room No. 138, Department of Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
School of Engineering, C-Wing, Busch Campus
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
98 Brett Road
Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
- Professor, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Rutgers University
- Professor, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Rutgers University
- Interim Director, The Rutgers Catalysis Research Center
- Member, Institute for Materials, Devices and Nanotechnology
- Member, Rutgers Energy Institute
- Professor, Rutgers University (2015 - Date)
- Associate Professor, Rutgers University (2009 - 2015)
- Assistant Professor, Syracuse University (2005 - 2009)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, McGill University, 2003-2005
- Ph.D. University of Toronto, 2002
- M.Sc. State University of New York at Buffalo, 1998
- B.Sc. (with Distinction), Addis Ababa University, 1992
Awards and Fellowships:
- Highly Cited Researcher (Top 1% in All Fields), in 2022. https://recognition.webofscience.com/awards/highly-cited/2022/
- Highly Cited Researcher (Top 1% in All Fields), in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. https://recognition.webofscience.com/awards/highly-cited/2021/
- International Advisory Board Member for ISI of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic; 2020–Date.
- Associate Editor, Science Advances (A sister journal of Science, published by AAAS); 2019–Date.
- Visiting Research Fellow, Institute of Scientific Instruments (ISI), Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic, Summer 2019.
- Lectureship at Zhou Huijiu Forum, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an, China; June 2019.
- International Advisory Board Member, Frontiers of Chemical Science and Engineering, Springer; 2018–Date.
- Advisory Committee Member for the 3rd International Symposium on Energy and Environmental Photocatalytic Materials (EEPM3), Kraków, Poland; Spring, 2018.
- Scientific Advisory Board Member for the journal - Materials Today Nano, Elsevier; 2017–Date.
- Scientific Advisory Board Member for the journal - Small Methods, Wiley; 2017-Date.
- Guest Editor, Special Issue, Frontiers of Chemical Science and Engineering (FCSE), Springer; 2017–2018.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zürich, Switzerland; Spring 2016.
- CNPq Science Without Borders Fellowships for Visiting Professorship, Brazil; 2014–2017.
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) Fellowship for Visiting Professorship, Switzerland; 2015–2016.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry, Maringá State University, Maringá, Paraná State, Brazil; 2014–2017.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan; Fall 2014.
- Guest Lecturer, School of Materials Science and Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China; June 2013.
- Rutgers Board of Trustees Research Fellowships for Scholarly Excellence; 2012
- NSF-CBET, NanoEHS Award; 2011–2014
- NSF Special Creativity Award; 2011–2013
- NSF-DMR, American Competitiveness and Innovation (ACI) Fellow, One of the 10 National Awardees for 2010.
- International Advisory Board Member for International Symposium of Nanoporous Materials; 2007–Date.
- NSF CAREER Award; 2007–2012
- NSF Grant, Division of Materials Research (DMR); 2008–2011
- Miller Postdoctoral Fellow Nominee, University of California at Berkeley; 2002
- University of Toronto Open Fellowships; 1999–2002
- Fulbright Fellow, University of Delaware and State University of New York at Buffalo; 1996–1998
- Dean's List and Distinction Graduate; 1989–1992