Distinguished Professor / Board of Governors Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
- B.S., (Cum Laude) 1962, Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, NY
- Ph.D., (Inorganic Chemistry) 1967, Polytechnic Institute, Brooklyn, NY
Awards & Honors
- Rutgers University Board of Trustees Award for Excellence in Research 2008.
- Francis P. Garvan-John M. Olin Medal 2003; sponsored by ACS, Francis P. Garvan-John M. Olin Medal Endowment-National Award by the American Chemical Society for major contribution to the field by a woman chemist.
- Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science 1990.
- Lady Davis Fellowship, Hebrew University, Israel, 3-1-1999-8-1-1999.
- NATO Visiting Professor CNRS, Grenoble, France, Winter, 1998.
- PRF/ACS Member of the Board 1998-2004.
- University, Saga, Visiting Professor, Saga, Japan, March, 1995.
- National Academy of Science, Solid State Science Committee, Member 1989-1992.
- Honorary Member, Indian Materials Research Society, 1988-present.
- Visiting Professor, University of Cordoba, Cordoba Spain, December, 1990.
- Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ, Visiting Member of the Staff, 1980-1981.
- Oxford University, Clarendon Laboratory, Visiting Professor, Summer 1980.
- Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel Visiting Scientist, 1972-1973.
- Editor- in- Chief, Materials Research Bulletin, 2000-present.
- Journal of Solid State Chemistry, Member of the Editorial Advisory Board 1989-present.
- Chemistry of Materials, Advisory Board, 1991-1997.
- Materials Research Bulletin, Editorial Advisory Board, 1995-2001.
- Materials Science and Engineering B-solid state materials for advanced engineering, Associate Editor, 1991-97.
- Inorganic Chemistry, Member of the Editorial Board, 1993-96.
- Chemtracts, Inorganic Chemistry, 1992-present.
Other National/International Services/Honors
- NSF Summer Program for Solid State Chemistry-Organizer, Summers 1986/87/88; Rutgers University, NB.
- Presidential Young Investigator Award NSF Panelist, 1986.
- Small Business Innovative Program, Panelist, NSF - 1987.
- Site Visit - Science Technology Research Center U. of Ill., Urbana-Champaign, 1988.
- Panelist for the Materials Research Section, NSF - 1988.
- Panelist for High Tc Superconductors, NSF, May 1989.
- Panelist-Science Technology Centers, NSF, Dec. 13-14, 1989.
- Panelist - Evaluation of the Materials Research Laboratory for DOE - Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, Nov. 8-9, 1990.
- Site Visit-Science Technology Research Center U. of Ill., Urbana-Champaign, 1991.
- Site Visit-NSF-Materials Research Group, Arizona State University, Tampa, AR. May 27, 1992.
- Site Visit-Science Technology Research Center U. of Ill., Urbana-Champaign-July, 1992.
- Chair, Panel to Evaluate the Program on "Solid Electrolytes" at the DOE, March 8-10, 1993 in Bethesda, MD.
- Chair, Panel of Chemistry 1, for International Science Foundation, Long-Term Research Grants, Dec. 6-8, 1993, Washington, NRC, Georgetown, Green Bldg.
- Site Visit-Science Technology Research Center U. of Ill., Urbana-Champaign, June 21-23, 1994.
- Panel of Chemistry 1, for International Science Foundation, Long-Term Research Grants, July 6-8, 1994, Washington, NRC, Georgetown, Green Bldg. Member of Outside Review.
- Committee to evaluate the Chemistry Department of the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa, December 4-5, 1994.
- Co-Organizer of a NATO Advanced Study Institute on the "Physics and Chemistry of Low-Dimensional Iorganic Conductors" Les Houches, France, June 12-23, 1995.
- Presenter/Member of Panel: “Workshop on Nanomaterials”, UC/NSF Toulouse, France, Oct. 19-20, 2000.
- Chair, Organizing Committee-MRS Fall Meeting 2002, Solid State Chemistry Symposium.
- Chair, Gordon Research Conference on Solid State Chemistry, July, 2004.
- Presenter and member of NSF-Workshop, New Delhi, India, June, 2004.
- Member of NSF Committee on Carrier Awards, Alexandria, VA, November, 2005.
- Member of Workshop on “Women Equity at Universities” Washington DC Janury 2006.
- Member on Workshop for “NSF-Materials for the Future” Northwestern U, IL May, 2006.
- Member of Committee to Evaluate Chemistry Department, SUNY-Binghamton, Binghamton, NY, September 18-21, 2006.
- Member on Panel to evaluate ACS-PRF focus of scientific support. Washington DC, January, 2007.