- B.A. 1982, University of Rochester
- S. M. 1984, Ph. D. 1988, University of Chicago
- NSF and NATO Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Groningen, 1988-1990
- Senior Laser Scientist, Quantronix Corporation, 1990 - 1991
- Staff Scientist, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 1991 - 1998
- Associate Professor, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 1998-2006
- Professor, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 2006-Present
- Castner Research Group site.
- Postdoctoral opening in Castner group- Jan. 1, 2021 or after.
- Research opportunities for Rutgers undergraduate students, AY 2020-21
- Google Scholar Publication Profile
- Castner C.V., Rutgers Faculty Survey
- PNAS Commentary on Polymer Free Volumes
- J. Chem. Phys. Spotlight on Ionic Liquids
- Associate Editor, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 2007-2019