C-Wing Engineering, Rutgers University, New Brunswick
- B.Sc., 1992, with Distinction, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
- M.Sc., 1996-1998, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Ph.D., 2002, University of Toronto
- Postdoctoral Fellow, 2003-2005, McGill University
- Asefa Research Group
- Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- Institute for Advanced Materials, Devices and Nanotechnology
- Rutgers Energy Institute
- Laboratory for Surface Modification
Awards & Honors
- Visiting Research Fellow, Institute of Scientific Instruments (ISI), Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic, Summer 2019.
- Lecturship at Zhou Huijiu Forum, School of Materials Science and Engineering, Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an, China; June 2019.
- Highly Cited Researcher (Top 1% in All Fields), 2018, https://hcr.clarivate.com/
- Board Member, Frontiers of Chemical Science and Engineering, Springer; 2018–Date.
- Advisory Committee Member for the 3rd International Symposium on Energy and Environmental Photocatalytic Materials (EEPM3), Kraków, Poland; Spring, 2018.
- Advisory Board Member for the journal - Materials Today Nano, Elsevier; 2017–Date.
- Advisory Board Member for the journal - Small Methods, Wiley; 2017–Date.
- Guest Editor, Special Issue, Frontiers of Chemical Science and Engineering, Springer; 2017–2018.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zürich, Switzerland; Spring 2016.
- CNPq Science Without Borders Fellowships for Visiting Professorship, Brazil; 2014–2018.
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) Fellowship for Visiting Professorship, Switzerland; 2015–2016.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry, Maringá State University, Maringá, Paraná State, Brazil; 2014–2017.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan; Fall 2014.
- Guest Lecturer, School of Materials Science and Engineering, South China University of Technology, Guangzhou, China; June 2013.
- Rutgers Board of Trustees Research Fellowships for Scholarly Excellence; 2012.
- NSF Special Creativity Award from the National Science Foundation; 2011–2013.
- NSF-DMR, American Competitiveness and Innovation (ACI) Fellow, One of the 10 National Awardees for 2010.
- International Advisory Board Member for International Symposium of Nanoporous Materials; 2007–Date.
- NSF CAREER Award; 2007–2012.
- Miller Fellowship Nominee, University of California at Berkeley; 2002.
- University of Toronto Open Fellowships; 1999–2002.
- Fulbright Scholar, 1996 – 1998, University of Delaware, USA and State University of New York at Buffalo, USA; 1996–1998.
- Dean’s List, B.Sc., Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia; 1989–1992.
- Distinction Graduate and First Rank, Chemistry Department, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia; 1992.