Attainment of a Ph.D. from the Department of Chemistry & Chemical Biology signifies that the student has met all program requirements of the department as well as the School of Graduate Studies and Rutgers University.
The student who receives a Ph.D. will:
- Demonstrate mastery of key areas of modern chemistry
- Develop proficiency in the critical analysis of scientific research
- Show the ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, the methods used in chemical scholarship and research, and the results obtained with them
- Produce publishable research in the field
- Apply what he/she has learned to identify a significant, unsolved problem in chemistry; to devise a sound strategy for solving it; to carry out that strategy; and to present and discuss the results persuasively and critically