Applications for Fall 2023 admission must be received by December 16, 2022 to be guaranteed full consideration. Please check that you are applying to the correct campus (Rutgers University-New Brunswick).
- GRE General and Subject test scores will not be required for 2023 admission. Submission of GRE test scores, if available, is optional.
- A TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) test score is required if your undergraduate education was completed in a non-English speaking country. Your scores must be current within 2 years of the semester you are applying to.
- The minimum paper-based TOEFL score is 550. The minimum computer-based TOEFL score is 213.
- The minimum IBT-internet based TOEFL is Writing 22, Speaking 23, Reading 21, Listening 17.
- An acceptable IELTS score is bandwidth 7.
- International applicants (with a minimum of three years undergraduate studies or a master's degree) who come from an institution where the mode of instruction is English are exempt from submitting TOEFL or IELTS scores. If you are an international applicant, please ask your institution to provide a medium of instruction certificate.
- An application fee of $70 USD or a fee waiver from the School of Graduate Studies is required before any application is reviewed. Fee waivers are provided based on the information you provide on your application.
- Some fee waivers are automatically applied based on the information you provide on your application.
- Prospective domestic students can request a fee waiver for PhD programs in the Big Ten Academic Alliance, such as CCB's doctoral track at Rutgers University-New Brunswick, through FreeApp. FreeApp is a collaborative program for students who have been traditionally underrepresented in graduate education, including racial and ethnic minorities, women in STEM, first-generation college students, and individuals who have faced adversity, such as societal, economic, or academic disadvantages. The priority deadline for requests is November 15. Please apply here: https://btaa.jotform.com/212284441127146
- If the fee waiver requests are denied, you may request a final consideration from the department by writing to the email address below explaining the reason for seeking a waiver and providing any relevant documentation. Requests that circumvent the above processes will be denied.
- International applicants applying to the MS, MST, and PhD programs, who have earned a degree overseas, must also provide a translated transcript using one of the following approved credentialing services.
- SpanTran the Evaluation Company
450th Seventh Ave, Suite 804
New York, NY 10123
Phone: (646) 475-2579
Fax: (713) 789-6022
- WES (World Education Service)
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6100
- International Education
Research Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
Phone: (310) 258-9451
Fax: (310) 342-7086
- Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Phone: (414) 289-3400
Fax: (414) 289-3411
- SpanTran the Evaluation Company
- Official application materials (transcripts, GRE scores, and TOEFL scores) should be sent to the Graduate and Professional Admissions office:
Institution code: 2790
Address: 56 College Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8530
While we are able to accept late applications, priority will be given to applicants who applied prior to the application deadline and who meet the department’s admissions criteria. Late applications are considered on a rolling basis until the program has reached its capacity for the semester.