Phone: (848) 235-2970
FAX: (732) 445-5312
C-Wing Engineering, Rutgers University, New Brunswick
- B.Sc., 1992, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia (Distinction)
- M.Sc., 1996-1998, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Ph.D., 2002, University of Toronto
- Postdoctoral Fellow, 2003-2005, McGill University
- Asefa Research Group
- Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- Institute for Advanced Materials, Devices and Nanotechnology
- Rutgers Energy Institute
- Laboratory for Surface Modification
Awards & Honors
- Advisory Board Member for the journal - Small Methods, Wiley; 2017-Date.
- Guest Editor, Special Issue, Frontiers of Chemical Science and Engineering, 2017-2018.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry and Applied Biosciences, ETH Zürich, Switzerland; Spring 2016.
- CNPq Science Without Borders Fellowships for Visiting Professorship, Brazil, 2014-2017.
- Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) Fellowship for Visiting Professorship, Switzerland, 2015.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry, Maringá State University, Maringá, Paraná State, Brazil; 2014-2017.
- Visiting Professor, Department of Chemistry, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan; Fall 2014.
- Rutgers Board of Trustees Research Fellowships for Scholarly Excellence, 2012.
- NSF Special Creativity Award with from the National Science Foundation, 2011-2013.
- NSF-DMR, American Competitiveness and Innovation (ACI) Fellow, One of the 10 Awardees for 2010.
- NSF CAREER Award, 2007–2012.
- Miller Fellowship Nominee, University of California at Berkeley, 2002.
- University of Toronto Open Fellowships, 1999-2002.
- Fulbright Scholar, 1996 – 1998, University of Delaware, USA and State University of New York at Buffalo, USA, 1996-1998.
- Dean’s List, B.Sc., Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia (1989-1992).
- Distinction Graduate and First Rank, Chemistry Department, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia; 1992.