POSITION SUMMARY: Position supports product development activities. Responsible for formulation of beverages including juices, enhanced waters, sports drinks, teas, and other shelf stable beverages. Other duties will include analysis of competitors’ products and interface with marketing and sales personnel. The work environment includes both administrative and “bench” duties.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job): Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in food technology, knowledge of flavor applications/technology, and two to five years product development experience.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position. This position will require considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills:1) Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
2) Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
3) Quality Control – the individual demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness, very detailed oriented, monitors own work to ensure quality, and uses feedback to improve performance.
4) Quantity – meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
5) Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
6) Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
7) Safety and security – the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Human Resources Generalist reports to this position.